Friday, December 17, 2010

D&D Wood-Working


I have decided that wood-working projects are on my top three favorite things to do list.  The most recent project was a coffee table.


The actual construction took about 4 hours and the design was created by Grant and myself.  There are a few unique ideas that were implemented in this table. The first is the two 1x4 strips that we placed across the top adjacent to the other pieces that form the actual table top.  We cut the top so that the strips fit flush across the table top.


The next is the legs.  We made them to where the two legs cross each other to form an 'x' but fit flush together so that they are 1.5" wide.  The last is the horizontal support that runs below the table top.  It is secured by a 1" dowel rod.  The dowel runs 1" into the support and through the middle of the leg joint.


I stained the table to have a pretty dark finish.  I used a "jacobean" stain that I bought from Home Depot.



This table will be included in the D&D furniture line for $200.

2 comments:

  1. oo bryany i really like that table. if i had a house i would use it. ill keep you in mind later in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, and I am officially a follower. #3!!!

    ReplyDelete